Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3.2 Runtime Packages Compatibility Patch
File Size: 278 MiB
Embarcadero has released a patch for RAD Studio, C++Builder and Delphi 10.3.2. This patch addresses a compatibility issue with mixing runtime packages built with 10.3.2 with earlier releases of Delphi or C++Builder 10.3.
Here are the readme notes:
Issue: Applications compiled with RAD Studio 10.3 or 10.3.1 and using runtime packages will not start when executed against the 10.3.2 version of the RTL runtime package.
Summary: This patch addresses a compatibility issue with mixing runtime packages built with 10.3.2 with earlier releases of Delphi or C++Builder 10.3. The platforms impacted are Win32, Win64, macOS32, and Linux64. The incompatibility is surfaced with an error like ‘Entry Point not Found "@System@Classes@TFieldsCache@$bcctr$qqrv"’.
After applying the patch, older applications will keep running when you deploy a new application with new runtime packages. This means that the updated 10.3.2 packages are backward compatible.
Note: A new application built in 10.3.2 will not run if executed against a 10.3.x version of the runtime packages.
The installation requires copying the content of the ZIP file to the installation folder. The complete files list is in the readme file included in the download.
Notice that this patch is critical for third-party component vendors who plan rebuilding their components with 10.3.2.
Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3 Rio.[/b] is one of our most significant releases yet, Rio introduces many new features in the IDE, making it more effective and pleasant to use, and significantly improves our customers’ ability to build Windows 10 and multi-device applications. It also provides an updated RAD Server for developers’ micro-service architectures, C++ 17 for Windows 32-bit and great new enhancements to the Delphi language. These new features along with performance and stability improvements in all of the product areas make 10.3 Rio a version not to miss.
Key RAD Studio 10.3 Features:
New Language Features for Delphi and C++
– The first additions to the Delphi language in several years, the new Delphi language features provide more flexibility when coding, and address top Delphi language feature requests from our power users
– C++17 for Win32 support: Part of our progressive compiler upgrade, developers can now use the latest C++ language features and compiler optimization for better and faster code, and make use of more third-party C++ libraries to reduce coding when targeting our most used C++ platform, Windows 32-bit
Extensive IDE Modernization
– RAD Studio 10.3 includes a new light theme and an updated dark theme, and an improved look and feel of the main window and several key dialogs for a more modern style with an emphasis on readability and usability for long periods of time
– Significantly improved code completion for C++, providing better results for developer productivity, using a new asynchronous architecture to allow users to keep typing as results are calculated
Key Windows Enhancements
– With the new VCL High DPI ImageList control in 10.3, developers building VCL Windows applications can fully support multi-resolution, pixel perfect images on all controls, as well as any custom drawing requiring scaled images for multiple resolution monitors
– We’ve also expanded the number of Windows APIs that VCL and FireMonkey developers can use in their applications, including a new ready-to-use component for enabling in-app purchases and trial mode in Windows 10 Store apps
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
– Android Z-Order support in RAD Studio 10.3 provides support for FireMonkey styled controls such as buttons, labels, and checkboxes with natively rendered controls like the browser and map control on the same form
– Native presentation for TCalendar, TEdit and TSwitch on Android for better user interface interaction and performance
– Developers can now build Android applications that meet Google’s new requirement of targeting API level 26 and iOS applications that support iOS 12
Expanded RAD Server Support
– Our multi-tier solution includes new ready to use components for mapping database queries to URL resources, offering direct response JSON production with no additional coding required by the developer. This also speeds up the process of building RAD Server backends for Sencha Ext JS web applications.
We’ve also made some exciting changes to our Architect edition, including a number of Idera portfolio products in the highest edition of our developer tools offering. Both Enterprise and Architect edition now also include an IBToGo deployment license for mobile.
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world.
Product: Embarcadero RAD Studio
Version: 10.3.2 Runtime Packages Compatibility Patch
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Software Prerequisites: Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3.2
Size: 278 MiB
RAD Studio requires at least:
– 1.6 GHz or faster processor.
– 2 GB of RAM.
– Between 6 GB and 60 GB¹ of available disk space.
– DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1024×768 or higher resolution.
You can run RAD Studio on the following versions of Windows:
– Windows 10
– Windows 10 Anniversary Update
– Windows 8.1
– Windows 7 SP1